Book Review: My Other Self by Clarence Enzler


    This being the beginning of Advent, I decided to review a spiritual book today. It has long been one of my go-to spiritual books, and I was excited to realize that one of my friends also loved this little-known masterpiece! My Other Self, by Clarence Enzler, is similar to the beloved classic, The Imitation of Christ, by Thomas a Kempis. It is truly love letters from God to the reader. God addresses the soul as "My Other Self," and gently shows it how to imitate His virtues. Organized into short, uplifting sections, it is easy to pick up when you just have a minute. It is one of those books that I have never read cover-to-cover, but have read the whole thing just by reading a little here and there. It is so helpful to open it and hear Christ's Voice whispering words of love and encouragement into one's ear. Buy My Other Self, and use it for short, easy, and beautiful meditations this Advent! Let me know in the comments when it quickly becomes one of your favorite books :) God bless you all!

Comments

Popular Posts