Book Review: The Voice of the Saints by Francis Johnson

 


    I'm sorry this review is later than usual... I hope you all had a very merry and blessed Christmas!

    This week I want to tell you all about a little (146 page) treasure sold by TAN books (https://tanbooks.com/?rfsn=7043779.9fbfe). My godmother gave me good books since before I could read, and The Voice of the Saints was a gift from her when I was three. Now that I am older, I truly appreciate her forethought, and the wealth of Catholic literature I have thanks to her. I already bought some books for my two year old godson! 

    The Voice of the Saints is great for quick 'food for thought' when you need it! It is simply quotes from the saints, most of them short, arranged by topic. I have always loved good quotes, and this is quite the beautiful compilation of them!

    "God wishes to be asked, He wishes to be forced, He wishes, in a certain manner, to be overcome by our prayer." -St Augustine (page 41)

    "Occupy your minds with good thoughts, or the enemy will fill them with bad ones. Unoccupied, they cannot be." -St Thomas More (page 67)

The Voice of the Saints is a necessity for any Catholic home, and also makes a great gift! God bless us, everyone!

Comments

Popular Posts