5th Children's Book Review: The Legend of the Poinsettia by Tomie dePaola

 


Another of my mom's favorite children's authors is Tomie dePaola. Several of his books have Catholic themes. My parents bought The Legend of the Poinsettia for my little sister about a decade ago, and it has been in our collection of seasonal books ever since. We look forward to getting these books out with the Christmas decorations, and reading them from Christmas to Candlemas, when they get packed up along with the music, decorations, etc. Because we do put the seasonal books away, they are fresh and exciting every year!

The Legend of the Poinsettia is a sweet Catholic story about a little girl who wants desperately to contribute something for the Christmas Mass. When her own efforts fail, God sends miraculous flowers for her to take to the church.

This would make a great St Nicholas gift and addition to your own seasonal collection! God bless you!

(P.S. Don't ask why I'm reviewing a Christmas book in Lent 😂 I miss the joyful liturgical season!)

Comments

  1. My little sister has this book. It's a very sweet Christmas story!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts