I'm Back! And starting a new series!

 I'm sorry to be remiss in updating the blog lately! Life has been extra crazy, and I would appreciate prayers. But I am happy to be back, and now that the children's reviews are done, I decided to write about my top 5 favorite cookBOOKS! This is a perfect way to combine my enthusiasm for books with my love of cooking/baking (and really all things food :)! 


    I'll just jump right in with the first cookbook review. I have to start with my family's go-to for recipes... Taste of Home. Every guest that enters our kitchen notices Mom's collection. She has about 45 hardback Taste of Home books (from different years), and because she has the page numbers of her favorite recipes memorized, we truly use them all the time! The index in the back of each volume is easy to use, and each recipe is simple and delicious. The pictures catch your eye (the little kids love flipping through them!), and the recipe is not usually exotic or expensive, as is the case with most popular cookbooks lately! If we want to search for a recipe without flipping through 45 cookbooks to find it, we go to tasteofhome.com. And thanks to a generous donor, I have started my own collection of TOH books for my own kitchen one day!

My Favorite TOH recipe:

Pumpkin Chip Muffins from 'Prize Winning Recipes'


Let me know your favorite recipes or TOH recipes in the comments! And keep watching for more cookbook reviews in the coming weeks!


Mom's collection


Comments

Popular Posts