Trip Pics, Book Recommendation, and Announcement




    Hi all! I wanted to share a couple pics from last week’s family trip to Upper Michigan. The natural beauty all around us was astounding, and my siblings and I had so much fun with photography! My sister had a good camera, and my brother was editing his photos, so I think my unedited iphone pics should win our little contest :) But seriously, with all the bodies of water up there, we got lots of beach time, sunset pictures, lighthouse pictures, etc! 

    Now for the book recommendation. I think I mentioned this book at the end of the last post, but I have read alot more of it now, and still haven’t come to dislike it :) The Ruthless Elimination of Hurry was recommended on a podcast, and it sounded right up my alley. It was written by a Protestant minister, so I don’t 100% agree with it, and it hasn’t been super practical yet. But it is very interesting and readable. And after reading one section the other day, I decided to turn off my phone for the duration of the coming Sunday. It was tempting to check it throughout the day, but I am going to keep doing it when I can. It was rewarding to find better uses of time on God’s day!

    Starting next week, I will be reviewing 5 books that I didn’t like. I never said I was only reviewing books I loved, and I don’t want to give anyone the impression that every book is a book I like :) 

God bless us, everyone!

Comments

Popular Posts