Building a Non-Anxious Life by John Delony

 J+M+J

    My good friend Theresa was well aware of my recent addiction to The John Delony Show podcast, and she got me his new book, Building a Non-Anxious Life, for Christmas! I had heard alot about this book as it was coming out, and was thrilled to own a copy hot off the presses (and Theresa knew I would never buy it new for myself 😁). As I have said in recent posts, I got several good books for Christmas (it pays to have one obvious hobby 😆), so I just started this one a few weeks ago. With my newfound love of both self-help books and Dr Delony, I have enjoyed digging into this one!

    John Delony is a Christian mental health professional who is also a Ramsey personality at Ramsey Solutions. John has a call-in podcast, where he listens to people's questions and concerns and provides advice to them about where to turn. I don't 100% agree with him, but overall his advice is sound and the podcast is entertaining.

    Building a Non-Anxious Life is broken into what Dr Delony calls "the 6 daily choices." These are: Health/Healing, Connection, Belief, Freedom, Mindfulness, and Reality. He provides an informative, logical, and interesting breakdown of mental health in general, as well as of each of these "daily choices". There are also journaling questions at the end of each chapter, which I have been trying to make time to do so that I reap as much benefit as I can from this. 

As always, thank you for following my blog! In the next week or two I will be starting a new series of reviews on some pro-life books! God bless you in these last weeks of Lent, specifically Passiontide and Holy Week.

P.S. I'm sorry that I still haven't figured out how to upload pictures with the updates! 

Comments

Popular Posts